Thursday, January 13, 2011

sibling pride.


Tonight my brother came back beaming (or more like wilting) from his first day of debate tournament, at Concordia. He subtly told us that his presentation was hailed as the best one his partner had ever seen. YAY! He looked so cute.

And presently I am sitting up as merely one of the pillars of moral support for Erica as she waits for her 2:00 am ride to the airport, for her Torrey trip to Rome. I am so proud of her. Days of reading, preparing, shopping, packing, are finally paying off. She's fluttering around like a fretting butterfly, with jitters and a bout of anxiety. But we're all here, some of us drooping slightly on couches, for comic relief, to fill any gaps in her wardrobe with part of my own, and to simply enjoy the process of traveling anticipation. She will have so many adventures I can not wait to hear all about. Arrivederci Kiki!

No comments:

Post a Comment