Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ode to mothers.

I thought I'd share a story of the cutest, most lovable..albeit craziest, and most energetic kids. First, Calvin shoves something (yet undecided) down that vent thing they have and I couldn't see it, let alone retrieve it. Secondly, we jumped on the trampoline...all. day. long. and, being the good Narnian Aslan I was, with them on my backs at times. Thirdly, while giving the boys a bath, Thompson sat on the countertop and waited for her turn. I heard a crash and next thing I know, glass was all over the counter, into the bathtub and onto the floor. I did a rescue bath evacuation and shooed the kids out so I could clean up the mess. While thus occupied, a naked little Owen and freshly pajama-ed little Calvin find the sponge paints. Yes...the sponge paints. I caught them just in time to spare their torsos, although Calvin's white pajamas took a hit with a black sharpie. Then, I found poor Thompson crying in bed over breaking the vase... the "special" vase.
"Why is it special Thompson?"
"It's...ittt's.. the vaa*se *gasp* wee...hold our floooooowweers in!!!!!! ah...*gulp*"
Yes, Thompson, that one was way more important than the vases you don't hold flowers in.
And then Taylore walks in right after I get everything cleaned, sans the boys painted hands. I explain the night, and she gives me a sweet, understanding, hug...what a darling...that's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment